Make sure you're signed up for Campsite Pro to use profile collaborators.
What we'll cover in this support article:
- What is a collaborator?
- Adding a profile collaborator
- Removing a profile collaborator
- Accessing profiles you're a collaborator on
What is a collaborator?
Collaborators are users you invite to help manage your Campsite profiles. Each collaborator is invited to a specific profile that they'll have access to and counts towards your subscription seats. You can set individual permissions to make sure they only have access to what you'd like.
How does a collaborator subscription seat work?
Before adding any collaborators to your profiles, you'll first have to add seats to your subscription. You can buy up to five collaborator seats on our Pro plan, which would allow you to add five different collaborators to your profile.
On the "Change Plan" page, select to modify your subscription
Enter the number of collaborators you'd like to add
Select "Modify Subscription" to accept the changes
Defining the permissions a collaborator has
Each collaborator has specific permissions that you set for them.
- Can manage links: Has access to edit your links, including archiving, and media.
- Can view analytics: Has access to your analytics.
- Can manage appearance: Has access to your theme and its various settings.
- Can manage settings: Has access to your integrations, including embedding a profile.
- Can manage URLs and domain: Has access to your profile URLs, including the ability to set up a custom domain or change metadata.
Adding a profile collaborator
Make sure you have enough seats in your subscription to be able to add a profile collaborator first. You can adjust your seats on the Change Plan page.
Select the "Collaborators" option in the navigation
Scroll down to the "Invitations" section. Select the "Invite User"
Fill in the email of the user you'd like to invite. Then select the
permissions you'd like them to have. When you're done, select
- All set! An email will be sent out to the user and they will have to accept before becoming a collaborator. If they don't have an account on Campsite, they'll have to create one. Invitations expire in 24 hours.
Removing a profile collaborator
- Navigate to the collaborator's page on your profile
Select the three dots next to the collaborator. Then select "Revoke
- After a collaborator is removed, they'll no longer have access to your profile. This action doesn't remove a seat from your subscription.
Accessing profiles you're a collaborator on
Select the "Switch Profiles" option in the navigation
Scroll down to the "Profiles you're a collaborator on" section
- Select the login button to access the profile and start editing
Still have questions? Contact us.