Make sure you're signed up for Campsite Pro to use the Google Analytics or Ads feature.
What we'll cover in this support article:
Google Analytics is a powerful tool for tracking who is visiting your Campsite. Easily view where users are visiting from, how many are visiting per day, and much more.
If you don't have an analytics account, please head here for help getting it setup. We recommend creating a new property for your Campsite page. Once that is done, return here for the next step.
Getting Your Tracking/Measurement ID
The piece of information Campsite needs is called a Measurement ID. Each stream on Google Analytics will have a unique one (G-XXXXXXXX).
- Sign in to your analytics account.
Open your property and select a view
- Select "Admin" at the bottom of the menu
Select Data Streams from the Property Column
- Select the Data Stream you want to connect with your Campsite profile
- Copy the Measurement ID located in the top right corner.
Paste the Measurement ID on the
Campsite settings page
in the Analytics section.
- You're all set! Tracking info will take around 24 hours to show up in your Google Analytics account.
If you're advertising with Google Ads you can leverage Campsite to target visitors to your profile with our integration.
The piece of information Campsite needs is the Tracking ID of a remarketing tag (AW-XXXXXXXX). Setup steps can be viewed in more detail in this google remarketing tag setup guide or you can view an abbrevieted version below.
- Sign in to Google Ads.
- Click on the tools icon in the upper right and click Audience Manager under the section labeled “Shared library”
- On the left, click Audience sources. This opens a group of sources from which you can create remarketing lists.
In the “Google Ads tag” card, click SET UP TAG.
- If you’ve already set up a tag, select Edit source from the 3-dot icon in the upper right of the “Google Ads tag” card. If you’re just getting the code, skip to step 6.
- Select which type of data the tag will collect, standard data or specific attributes/parameters.
Click CREATE AND CONTINUE.
- This button will say SAVE AND CONTINUE for an existing tag.
When the installation screen appears, your global site tag and event
snippet will be ready for use. We
only need the ID from this line
Paste the ID on the
Campsite settings page
in the Integrations section.
- You're all set! Tracking info will take a few hours to show up in your Google Ads account.
Still have questions? Contact us.