If you already own a domain, you can now use your campsite but keep your domain and your traffic.
What is a Custom Domain?
A Custom Domain is a domain name (www.mybrand.com) you independently buy from a 3rd party domain registrar. They cost on average $10-$15 a year, depending on the seller and estimated domain name value.
Setting Custom Domains up on Campsite
Make sure you're signed up for Campsite Pro.
First, make sure you have purchased a domain name from a registrar and you have an account login to make DNS changes.
Here are a few examples of domain registrars:
Once you have a custom domain purchased, follow the steps below to set it up on Campsite.
- Go to your settings page or directly to the domain page
Click on the 'Domains and Urls' link in the sidebar
- If you haven't already, set a custom campsite subdomain
- Click 'SETUP' on the right next to your custom domain.
- Enter your custom domain name and then click SAVE.
- It takes a minute to set up the new custom domain. You will then have to add some DNS CNAME records to verify that you own the domain.
Adding DNS Records
- Log into your domain registrar.
- Locate your Domain Name System (DNS) settings and enter the two CNAMEs The first CNAME record might not need '.aws.' at the end but rather '.aws' to work.
- Add the two CNAME records listed on the Campsite domain settings page. Below is an example of what it could look like on your registrar.
- It could take anywhere from 10-60 minutes for us to detect and validate the CNAMEs once you've added them
Once you've added DNS records it can take up to 8 hours for your domain to become available.